Here are some places to have a bit to eat and drink in the Waterloo Region:
1. Decendents Beer & Beverage Co – opened in 2014 on Victoria Street. Have three beers, with one-offs and seasonal beers.
2. Waterloo Brewing Company – Ontario’s first and largest craft brewer. Brews four core beers which can be enjoyed all year long.
3. B@THEMUSEUM – the restaurant inside THEMUSEUM, a door is located outside and inside the museum. Has a small patio, and the menu is diverse.
4. Beertown Public House – located in Uptown Waterloo Square, has a patio and overlooks the square and some stores opened for business.
5. Borealis Grille & Bar – offering lunch and dinner menus, focus on sustainability and local food.
6. Concordia Club – not just a point of interest to go to for Oktoberfest or German School graduation, it offers authentic cuisine and culture.
7. Taste at the Tannery – located in the Tannery building in downtown Kitchener with a casual setting.
8. The Berlin – a menu with a modern twist on European cuisine, located on King St in downtown Kitchener.
9. The Boathouse – a small restaurant located in Victoria Park, it offers live music and a great patio.
10. Balzac’s – a great coffee shop and good places to sit. Great staff, and in the same building as Taste at the Tannery.
Note: The Berlin is replaced with the Rich Uncle Tavern.