Places to enjoy the view or to have some fun:
1. Victoria Park – Downtown Kitchener behind the Charles St bus terminal.
2. The Grand River – this river flows across the region, it is a great place to have a good few hours walking around. And at times during the summer you can canoe on it.
3. St Jacobs – a part of the region (Waterloo Region) where people come to visit the town, farmers market, and antique market.
4. Bingemans – waterpark, mini golf, event halls, camping
5. Center in the Square – has a small gallery but the main focus is it is a theatre and has different productions and events throughout the year.
6. The Registry Theatre – A small and intimate theatre that would bring a unique experience.
7. BAD AXE Kitchener – for those who want to throw an axe
8. Chicopee Ski & Summer Resort – a not-for-profit organization providing affordable outdoor recreation facilities. During the winter, Chicopee offers skiing and snowboarding while in during the summer, Chicopee offers 7km of bike trails, an 18-hole disc golf course, outdoor climbing facilities, 5 Har-Tru Clay Tennis Courts and 6 beach volleyball courts.
9. Waterloo Pioneers Memorial Tower – near the river this old ‘pioneer tower’ that can be looked onto the Grand River going its way from Kitchener to Cambridge.
10. McLennan Park – a park with a playground, splash-pad, courts and other places to have a good time.
11. The Aud – short for the Auditorium, just easier to say the first. Home to the Kitchener Rangers, Kitchener Titans and on the ballpark next to it, the Kitchener Panthers. It also holds different events and concerts year round.
Stores and Other Places:
12. The Rock Spa – located on Victoria St it is a place for those who love crystals, and it does offer some services.
13. Tech Hub – Kitchener is growing as a player in the tech world.
14. Wilfrid Laurier University – located in Waterloo, it is a great university to go to. Music, history, medieval studies, business, science are just some of the areas of study you can go into.
15. University of Waterloo – located up the street from Wilfried Laurier University, more focused on the maths and science studies.
16. Conestoga College – it has different programs that students can get some good education.
17. Legacy Greens – a local produce store downtown, sells produce, honey and a few other products from nearby growers
18. J & P Grocery – another amazing local grocery store, more selection than Legacy Greens. On the second floor they have a cafe.
19. Second Look Books & Movies – this used bookstore is jammed packed with books, movies (DVD and Bluray) and video games. The staff is top notch.